22 October 2005

A Lil Pulp Fiction + A Lil Banksy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction (1994) is like reeeaaally good. I loved his three volumes of Kill Bill, and I also enjoyed his True Romance, so I watched this feeling fairly sure that I'd like it. And yep, I did. The wicked sense of humour, the way the movie was shot, the story itself, how the story was told, and of course—the violence. Lovely.

Don't take my word for it; watch it, if you haven't already. For me, it was long, long overdue.

While googling for that classic picture of Uma Thurman above, I came across this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's done by Britain artist Banksy. Here's a screenshot of the scene from Pulp Fiction that inspired that:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hehe, check out how Banksy exhibited his work (by putting it up himself) at several museums in New York. See his interview with Reuters on it here.

Incidentally, I only got to know of him a few days ago while playing KoL. Someone had written his name on this "wall of graffiti" in-game.

If you want to see more of his works (besides what's on his web site), this seems like a good place to check out too.

0 Old Comments: