01 December 2005

Make of This What You Will

ap·a·thy
n.
  1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.
  2. Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.

I happen to have a lot of that.

I turn on the apathy to deal with some things when I don't want to be bothered by them. In fact, I'd say the apathy keeps me functioning as per normal. But nowadays, it's there even when it shouldn't be; it's there even when it comes to the most important things in my life. I'm not even very disturbed by that, although I know I should be worried by it.

Sometimes, I go through the motions because I know it is expected of me. I show the normal reactions anyone else would in that situation, but at the same time, I'm not really there emotionally. I am outside of the situation; you know what I mean?

But you shouldn't. 'Cause if you do, you should be worried too.

0 Old Comments: